Saturday, June 17, 2006

Should I get a ceiling fan for my bedroom?





Every summer I ask this question. Should I go to Home Depot and buy a Hunter or a Casablanca? Every time I see them, I think "condo in west L.A. " Something about the faux wood, the old-west lights, just rubs me the wrong way. Maybe it's the top floor, or the eleven windows, but when it's only 75 or 80 outside, my place becomes 88-plus real quick. A/C dries everything up and shouldn't be needed when it's only 72 out, and the "fan" mode just doesn't seem like it's actually fresh air coming in. Window fan would be best, but then Taj can't look out all of his windows like he likes to do.

The other problem is the inevitable "Vic Morrow" effect you feel if you stand up on your bed (and you never know when you might need to do that). And even worse, this could happen. Though I long for the quietness of the ceiling fan, I think I'll hold off another year.

3 comments:

Maulleigh said...

Wait for the end-of-summer sale. Give yourself a deadline though. Deadlines are the only way to get anything done.

Corey said...

While that is a nice Blackhawk tail rotor, for the bedroom I recommend something in a Kiowa or Hughes.

archeress said...

you really know your choppers, corey.